Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 23: 01/03/17: Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou!

Week 23: 01/03/17: Hauʻoli Makahiki Hou! Transfers = New companion, Sis. Baker!!!

Sorry for not writing you all last week, things were really crazy since transfers!!

So, a little update on transfers, I'm still in Maypen but I got a new companion and her name is Sister Baker! She is from Orange County, California and she is so awesome! We laugh a lot and she's a hard worker and so we walk everywhere! I've said it many times but Maypen is full of miracles, and I'm excited to see them unfold in this companionship. We've made it a goal to have 4 baptisms together and so we are working hard to see that happen!!

Christmas and New Year's was great, and it was amazing to see my family after what felt like forever. I found out that my brother Saia is taller than my dad....... WHAT! 

It was really nice to talk to everyone even though I called an hour late (I got the time difference wrong lol). But it was still awesome!

I have a lot of high hopes for this upcoming new year, especially since I'll be serving this full year as a missionary. Last week, I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time as a missionary and am truly grateful for it. Whenever you have time, read a couple pages!! I've felt myself grow so much in the gospel while doing so and I know that everyone can do the same :)

I will be sending pics soon from these last couples weeks so stay tuned. 

I also hope everyone had a great holiday season!!!

Thank you for all the support I've received from everyone!

Aloha wau ia 'oukou a ofa lahi atu,

Sister Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment