Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 14: 10/31/16: First Baptism!!! (sorry, no letter on Week 13)

Week 14: 10/31/16: Happy Halloween!!!

HIIIIIII!!!!!!!

This week was so amazing!!!!! 

To start, I apologize for not writing in my group email last week, lol I didn't realize it didn't send. Anyways, we had interviews with our mission president, President Pearson, and it was awesome. Before our interview finished, he must have sensed that I wasn't as confident in myself and so he told me how proud he was of me and how hard I work to be a good missionary. It really helped. I really love my mission president and his wife, they're both so spiritual and soooo loving! Sister Pearson drove us to our appointment after our interviews and it was 45 minutes away!!! 

So in the branch I serve in, there are 4 sets of missionaries: 2 sets of elders and 2 sets of sisters. The other set of sisters are currently moving out of their old house and so they've been living with us for the last week. It's so fun, especially with Sister Afemata, my Samoan sister from Compton. JBoog is also her dad's youngest brother and so we jam to love season and waiting for the rain every night! And then we pray for repentance since we aren't supposed to be singing songs that don't invite the spirit lol.

We also had trade offs this week, which is when our Sister Training Leaders switch companionships for the day so we can learn from them and the other way around. I led my area with STL Sister Swindle. She's SO funny and such a great leader. She's only been out in the field for almost 6 months!

Our district was able to do some service this week and it was TRECHEROUS. We had to carry buckets and buckets of sand up a huge hill to help this woman build something in the back of her home. It was so hard but we were thankful to have helped her, especially since we knew she'd be doing that by herself if we weren't there!

Sis Jenkins and I have been really busy this week because we had OUR FIRST BAPTISM!!! His name is Rohan! So a short story about Rohan, he was a referral we received from a recent convert. In the beginning we invited him to be baptized but then he was kinda standoffish from us for a while. But a couple weeks ago, after we had thought he'd given up on us, he called us and told us how he knew getting baptized was the right thing he needed to do. Let me tell you, seeing him in a white baptismal jumpsuit, watching him go into the water, knowing that the Lord has been preparing him for that very moment, is something I'll never be able to describe. I'm so so sooo thankful for the privilege I'm given to serve such humble people who are so willing to do all they can to come closer to the Lord. These are the sort of tender mercies the Lord provides, reminding you of the joy that can come when you allow the gospel to bless your life!!!!

As I reflect more on this past week and the blessings that have come, I can't help but think of the primary song that was sung at my baptism when I was 8: When He Comes Again. In the second verse, it talks a little bit about being ready for the Savior's return. 

Each day I'll try to do His will and let my light so shine
That others seeing me may seek for greater light divine
And when that blessed day is here, He'll love me and He'll say
"You've serve me well, my little child. Come unto my arms to stay"

How great will that day be when I am one day reunited with my Savior! I know that as I continue to serve, I'll be able to feel His love even more than I've been able to. 

Thank you all for the love and support I've received from you all! sorry this email is hecka long, but I hope you all know how much I love you!!!!

Aloha wau ia 'oukou a ofa lahi atu!!!

Love,

Sister Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment