Saturday, February 18, 2017

Week 18: 11/29/16 (Sorry, no letter week 17)

Week 18: 11/29/16

Lol so sorry for not emailing last week, Sis Afemata and I went to Kingston for our P-day to meet with her uncle, who just happens to be JBoog. IT WAS AWESOME. I was so starstruck, being a typical local Hawaiian girl, and so I swear I didn't say a word the first three hours I was there hahaha! But hey, feel free to go on his instagram and like the pic he posted of us three lol! 

On a spiritual note, it was pretty amazing to hang out with him and Sister Afemata. We got to watch him promote his new album (which he gave us. unfortunately, only 1 song is mission approved haha!) in a bunch of different interviews, we went to eat with him and his travel manager, and we ended the day teaching him, his band, and Siaosi of the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Sis Afemata and I were so nervous but when we were finished, they all thanked us for sharing our message. Before we left, Sis Afemata gave Jboog a Book of Mormon and told him "The prophet told us that if we read this book everyday, we'd never fall away." It was so powerful. Jboog is not active in the church but I hope he was able to not only feel of the love our Savior has for him, but also the love that his young, beautiful, and brave niece has for her uncle. 

I truly have a testimony that God loves families and wants us to work hard as missionaries and as members of His church because of that very reason. It's always so fun getting to spend time with my sisters, especially Sister Afemata because I feel like I have a little bit of home with me here in Jamaica. Spending the day with her and Jboog and his band was awesome because I felt like I was with my family. 

I am so thankful for the time I was able to spend with one of my favorite island reggae artists, and in Jamaica of all places!! But the best part of that experience had to be when Sis Afemata and I were able to share with them the message of how God wants us to be happy and that through the gospel, which was once lost, was here to help guide us back to that God. He loves us all so much! 

Another update I have for you all is that Sis Jenkins and I have 2 more investigators on date for baptism! They are both the siblings of Tracy Ann, my little 12 year old sister who was baptized last month. We are so excited for them!!!

I want to thank you all for the support I've been given, especially within these last couple weeks. As the holidays come around, I miss my family and friends more than ever. But I hope you all know just how much I love you all!

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Aloha wau ia oukou a ofa lahi atu!

Sister Meli

ps, yeah lots of these pics are just of me lololol enjoy them







No comments:

Post a Comment