Sunday, April 2, 2017

Week 33: 03/13/17...I got sun burnt this week smh

Hello fam! This week was really hot in Sav but it was amazing nonetheless! 

For starters, Shameika, our investigator who's on date to be baptized on March 25th, came to church! She came a little late but we were happy she was there!! I am so excited to continue to prepare her to be baptized :-) agh, she's so awesome!

I was also able to have a trade off with my amazing sistah training leader, Sister Bowen! She served here in Sav not too long ago so she was able to show me a lot of the people she had known and met with when she was here! She is soo sweet and I was thankful to learn so much from her! I have a VERY bad craving for chocolate and I got that from her lol!!!

This past week, a lot of our original appointments Sis Fun and I had set would fall through but we were able to find a lot of nice people (Thank you Heavenly Father!). One lady I want to talk about is Paulette. While walking around our neighborhood, we met Paulette and her friend Marva and so we came back yesterday to see her and our first lesson with her went amazing! She has a little daughter named Shyann and a grandson named Cody and all three of them were very receptive in the lesson. She's very humble and really loves Jesus Christ and so I am excited to meet with her again tomorrow :D

We were able to witness a baptism for the elders this past Saturday and it was so great. The baptism was for a mother and daughter! They baptize by the sea here and so that was a great motivation for me to help the people we are teaching to progress towards baptism! The sea is so beautiful here. Being from Hawaii, you KNOW that I love the ocean more than anything (with genki sushi as an exception) and so it was awesome to see the sea!

This week is full of hope and promise... just like every week! I am on the search for a miracle each day and with the Lord's help, I hope to be able to find one. I'd like to invite you all to do the same as well!!!

Love you all, I hope this week is awesome!!!

Aloha wau ia oukou a ofa lahi atu,

Sister Meli

No comments:

Post a Comment